LOS ANGELES MUSIC AWARDS
2012 “ROCK ARTIST of the YEAR”
The award winning “band of brothers”, CHEATING DAYLIGHT, features two sets of brothers…the Crosson Brothers from Vacaville, CA and the Gill Brothers from Cobb, CA.
The rock quintet is comprised of JESSE CROSSON, (age 19), Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards, Horns, KYLE CROSSON, (age 16), Lead Vocals, Keyboards, Tambourine, JADEN CROSSON, (age 14), Vocals, Drums, Percussion, JACOB GILL, (age 18), Vocals, Lead Guitar, Banjo, CONNOR GILL, (age 14), Vocals, Bass Guitar, Harmonica!
It has already been an incredible ride for these 5 young men, from Northern California! The journey began for Cheating Daylight in 2011, when they were presented with the 2011 POWER POP BAND of the YEAR award, at the L.A. Music Awards. The same year, they also received a “Best of 2011” nod, from Rainbo Records, for their first single, Photographs Don’t Lie. As the day dawned in 2012, the rock quintet released their first album, “ALL WE KNOW” to industry acclaim, and toured extensively with over 70 dates, across the United States.
In between touring and the studio, the band took time to hit the red carpets and accept multiple awards at prestigious music industry events. The Indie Music Fest named Cheating Daylight their 2012 INDIE ARTIST of the YEAR and the 22nd annual Los Angeles Music Awards honored the band as their 2012 ROCK ARTIST of the YEAR. School Jam USA’s annual “Best Teen Band in the USA” competition selected Cheating Daylight out of 100 semi-finalists, as one of the final “Great Eight” bands in America and brought them to Anaheim, CA, during the N.A.M.M. Convention. In a hotly contested Finals event, performed to a capacity crowd in Downtown Disney, judges awarded Cheating Daylight second place and named bassist Connor Gill the “Best Teenage Bass Guitarist” in the nationwide competition!
And now, the long awaited sophomore album, “ROAD to SOMEWHERE” hits the streets. The record is once again produced by industry veteran, Isha Erskine, whose legendary work includes Maroon 5, Fall Out Boy, Black Eyed Peas, Jeff Beck, Joss Stone and now Cheating Daylight! The acclaimed music man has regularly worked with iconic producers and mixers, including legends Mutt Lange & Mike Shipley. Isha’s immense talents are evident on the new album. “ROAD to SOMEWHERE” which is available now, on the world wide web, and in select music stores everywhere!
As the 2013 “ROAD to SOMEWHERE” Tour kicks into high gear, the prestigious Los Angeles Music Awards have once again taken notice of this teenage band of brothers. The 23rd annual award show, has nominated Cheating Daylight, as 2013 ROCK ARTIST of the YEAR and for their 2013 ROCK SINGLE of the YEAR and 2013 ROCK ALBUM of the YEAR categories!
Cheating Daylight will tour across North America throughout 2013, in support of the new album, and bring their award winning, melody driven, LIVE show, to fans and audiences in a city near you! For more information, check out www.cheatingdaylight.com!
Jesse Crosson, Kyle Crosson, and Jaden Crosson, grew up in Vacaville, California, and began performing at an early age. Their love of music & family, led them to form a band…The Crosson Brothers!
The Crosson Brothers toured throughout California in 2009 and 2010, taking time out to record their debut album, LIGHTS OUT. The record was co-produced in Los Angeles at R.A.G. Studios, by the award winning producer Robin DiMaggio, of “Lopez Tonight” fame. The album has received rave reviews, and the CD is currently available in music stores and on itunes.
Jacob Gill, and Connor Gill, grew up in Cobb, CA. In 2009, Jacob was playing in a band named String Theory, when The Lost Boys called and asked if he wanted to join them. He arrived in time to tour extensively with the award winning, teenage rock band, playing hundreds of dates throughout North America. In late 2010, his brother Connor was invited to perform with the band, and did so until the band’s breakup in early 2011. During that time The Lost Boys won numerous awards, including 2010 ROCK ARTIST of the YEAR at the Los Angeles Music Awards, 2011 National ROCK ARTIST of the YEAR at the Phoenix Music Awards, and 2010 Independent Artist of the Year, at the D.I.Y. Music Festival. The band also released their 3rd album, RUNNING RED LIGHTS, produced by Multi-Platinum, Multi-Grammy Award winner, David Kershenbaum. The record was nominated for Rock Album of the Year at the 2011 Los Angeles Music Awards, and is currently available at Best Buy Stores, and on the world wide web!
The teenage “Band of Brothers”……features former members of the award winning bands, The Crosson Brothers and The Lost Boys. The history of these individuals & bands, is where we started…and… the future was launched from there!
- 2011 Power Pop "Band of the Year" at the 21st annual LOS ANGELES MUSIC AWARDS
- 2011 RAINBO RECORDS selected PHOTOGRAPHS DON’T LIE as one of the best Indie songs of the year and placed the Cheating Daylight track on their annual "BEST of 2011" compilation CD.
- 2012 INDIE MUSIC FEST…2012 IMF "INDIE ARTIST of the YEAR"
- Performed LIVE at the 2012 red carpet, 21st annual LOS ANGELES MUSIC AWARDS
- 2012 Nominee…"Rock Artist of the Year" at the 22nd annual LOS ANGELES MUSIC AWARDS
- 2012 Nominee…"Showcase Artist of the YEAR" at the 22nd LOS ANGELES MUSIC AWARDS
- 2012 Nominee…"Rock Album of the YEAR" at the 22nd LOS ANGELES MUSIC AWARDS
- 2012 Nominee…"Rock Artist of the Year" at the All Indie Music Awards
- 2012 Nominee…"Pop Artist of the Year" at the All Indie Music Awards
- 2010 ROCK ARTIST of the YEAR at Los Angeles Music Awards
- 2011 ROCK ARTIST of the YEAR at Phoenix Music Awards
- 2010 & 2011, Nominee, ROCK ALBUM of the YEAR, at Los Angeles Music Awards
- 2010 D.I.Y. Independent Artist of the Year
- 2010 Music Connection “Hot 100” Unsigned Bands in America
- 2011 International Indie Music Fest in Las Vegas, Top 5 Unsigned Artists in the World
- 2011 Will C. Wood High School, FIRST PLACE, Battle of the Bands
- 2010 Songwriting Competition, FIRST PLACE, Jesse Crosson
- 2009 Outstanding Soloist, Great America, Jesse Crosson
- Relay for Life, Featured Annual Performer
- KUIC Radio, Live Performances
- Radio Disney, Annual Live Performances